VBScript includes several Functions and Statements that can be used to access objects, including their methods and properties. There are a large variety of objects available to VBSript, including user defined objects, intrinsic objects and extrinsic objects.
VBScript Object Functions
- CreateObject Creates and returns a reference to an Automation object
- GetObject Returns a reference to an Automation object from a file
- IsObject Returns a Boolean value indicating whether an expression references a valid Automation object.
Class Declares the name of a class, as well as a definition of the variables, properties, and methods that comprise the class
Exit Property Forces an exit from inside a Property Set function.
For each…Next repeats a group of statements for each element in an array or a collection.
Property Get Declares, in a Class block, the name, arguments, and code that form the body of a Property procedure that gets (returns) the value of a property
Property Let Declares, in a Class block, the name, arguments, and code that form the body of a Property procedure that assigns (sets) the value of a property
Property Set Sets a reference to an object
Set Assigns an object reference to a variable or property, or associates a procedure reference with an event. Usually used to instantiate an object.
Error Handling Statements
On Error Enables or disables error-handling
Object & Collection Summary
- Debug The Debug object is an intrinsic global object that can send an output to a script debugger, such as the Microsoft Script Debugger.
- Dictionary An associative array that can store any type of data. Data is accessed by a key.
- Drives A collection of Drive objects.
- Err Contains information about the last run-time error. Accepts the Raise and Clear
- methods for generating and clearing run-time errors.
- File An object that refers to a specific File
- Files A collection of File objects.
- FileSystemObject An object model used to access the Windows file system
- Folder An object that refers to a specific Folder
- Folders A collection of Folder objects.
- Match Provides access to the read-only properties of a regular expression match.
- Matches Collection of regular expression Match objects.
- RegExp Provides simple regular expression support.
- Submatches A collection of regular expression submatch strings.
- TextStream An object that refers to a text File